[AUDITORY] Automated audio captioning task at DCASE2021

Dear all,

— Apologies for cross-posting —

I’m happy to share that the task of automated audio captioning will be hosted in DCASE, again this year! Check the task web page at:

http://dcase.community/challenge2021/task-automatic-audio-captioning

There are also some exciting changes!

This year the participants are allowed to use any external data, models, or methods that they want to, pushing further the limits and the performance of automated audio captioning methods. For example, you can use other automated audio captioning datasets, sound event datasets, or even natural language processing datasets. But you can also you pre-trained models and methods, like BERT, YAMNet, and others!

We have compiled a GitHub repo that hosts some of the suggestions that can get you started:

https://github.com/audio-captioning/audio-captioning-resources

Also, we are now finalizing the release of more data for Clotho (an increase of around 40%), which can be used for developing your automated audio captioning methods!

Visit the website of the task at DCASE2021 and stay tuned for more!

Important dates:
Challenge deadline: 15th of June, 2021
Challenge results: 01st - 07th of July, 2021

Visit the DCASE page for more: http://dcase.community

Enjoy!

On behalf of the organizers of the automated audio captioning task,

# Kostas