[AUDITORY] Seminar Announcement - December 14 - E.A.R.S. (Electronic Auditory Research Seminars)

Dear fellow neuroscientists,

We would like to invite you to join us on Tuesday, December 14 at 1:00 pm EST (UTC-5) for the next edition of E.A.R.S. (Electronic Auditory Research Seminars), a monthly auditory seminar series with the focus on central auditory processing and circuits. Please pre-register (for free) and tune in via Crowdcast (enter your email to receive the link for the talk): https://www.crowdcast.io/e/ears/13

(Note: for optimal performance, we recommend using Google Chrome as your browser).

This session will feature four short talks from trainees:

  • Xindong Song (Johns Hopkins University): "Discrete patches of cortical pitch processing in the common marmoset"
  • Alejandro Tabas (Technische Universität Dresden):"Prediction error is computed with respect to two concurrent generative models in the human auditory pathway"
  • Isaac Morán (University National Autonomous of Mexico): "Population dynamics of the medial premotor cortex during an auditory categorization task"
  • Silvana Valtcheva (NYU School of Medicine): "Neural circuitry for maternal oxytocin release induced by infant vocalizations"

Additionally, please stay tuned for announcements regarding our sessions in the upcoming Spring semester!

With kind wishes,

Maria Geffen

Yale Cohen

Steve Eliades