Postdoctoral Fellowship in Modeling and Neuroimaging of Auditory and Language Function

There is an opening in our lab (under the supervision of Dr. Horwitz). I
will be around at this year's ARO if someone wants to talk to me about it.

Fatima T. Husain, Ph.D.
NIDCD/NIH
Bldg. 10/ Room 6C-420
Phone: 301-594-7758
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
National Institutes of Health
Department of Health and Human Services

Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neural Modeling of Human Functional
Neuroimaging Data

A postdoctoral fellowship under the supervision of Dr. Barry Horwitz is
available beginning in Fall 2004 for developing and applying computational
neuroscience modeling methods to in vivo human functional neuroimaging
data, obtained from functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), positron
emission tomography (PET) and/or magnetoencephalography (MEG).  PET, fMRI
and MEG facilities are available to implement and test hypotheses derived
from the modeling.  Several areas of research are possible, depending on
the background and interests of the fellow, including  (1) extending
methods such structural equation modeling (path analysis) to deal with
fMRI designs and to improve the use of this method for network analysis;
(2) extending a large-scale neurobiologically realistic computational
model with the goal of understanding the relation between functional
neuroimaging data and the underlying electrophysiological behavior of
multiple interconnected neuronal populations.  Our experimental studies
are aimed toward understanding the neural bases of auditory and language
function.  All fellows in our section do both modeling and experimental
studies designed to test our models.  See
http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/research/scientists/horwitzb.asp for more
information as to the type of research performed in our laboratory.
Knowledge of neural modeling or statistical techniques, and programming
experience are required.  PhD or MD degree required.  The position is in
the Brain Imaging and Modeling Section, Voice, Speech and Language Branch,
NIDCD, NIH, Bethesda, MD USA.  For further information, contact:  Dr.
Barry Horwitz, Bldg. 10, Rm. 6C420, National Institutes of Health,
Bethesda, MD 20892, USA.  Tel. 301-594-7755; FAX: 301-480-5625; Email:
horwitz@helix.nih.gov.