From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA] On Behalf Of Ward R. Drennan
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 10:20 AM
To: AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA
Subject: Re: Affordable hearing aids extant?

I picked up from Magilen's argument that the use of poorly fit, one-
size-fits-all approach would likely lead to frustration,
dissatisfaction and increased hearing aids in the drawer. It could be
off-putting leading many to believe that devices are useless. Not to
mention irreversible neurophysiological damage incurred for lack of
stimulation due to poor fitting.