Fwd: the /la/-/ra/ contrast perception

  --- the forwarded message follows ---
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Reddy,

You may have noticed this paper:
Bradlow, A.R., Pisoni, D.B., Yamada, R.A. and Tohkura, Y. Training Japanese listeners to identify
English /r/ and /l/ IV: Some effects of perceptual learning on speech production. Journal of the
Acoustical Society of America, 1997, 101, 2299-2310.

Although, English /l/ is quite different, in both, acoustics and articulatory dimension, than /l/
in other languages, Spanish, Italian, for instance, where /l/ and /r/ are more similar.

Best wishes,

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:55:00 +0530