Re: Soundproof room for birds

Just to clarify:  are you looking for sound _isolation_ between a bird
chamber and the adjacent area, or for sound absorption _within_ the bird
chamber itself (e.g., anechoic)?

Good isolation requires one set of construction parameters, while reduction
of sound reflections within a chamber requires a different set.

If you are simply needing a way to keep sound transmission to/from the room
to a minimum and don't care so much about creating an anechoic space then
the use of several layers of 5/8" gypsum board with resilient mounting and
acoustical caulk at the seams is a good and cheap approach.

Mass is generally a good thing for isolation.

Good luck,
Rob Maher