Reverse Slope hearing Loss and hearing aids

Hi,

In hearing aid fitting, the manufacturer's fitting software seems to fail miserably on reverse slope hearing losses.

Is this because the NAL etc algorithms have not been configured with such losses in mind?

I now hand-tune hearing aids in such cases ... which takes a LOT of time.

I have since spoke to colleagues who agree that they are also forced to hand tune hearing aids for Reverse Slope loss patients.

Is there a better way?  What do YOU do in such cases?

regards,

Richard