[AUDITORY] Fw: A review of music training in hearing impaired people

Dear List,

A while back we had an interesting discussion on this list about whether music training has benefits for non-music skills.  While in lockdown I turned my attention to a systematic review of papers that tested the hypothesis that music training had benefits for speech perception in people with a hearing impairment. Please read my review to see what I found. The results of the review were not supportive of the hypothesis, but brought up some interesting points for discussion about the way we can sometimes be influenced by preconceived beliefs when undertaking science.

Trends in Hearing Volume 25: 1–16  DOI: 10.1177/2331216520985678

best regards,

Colette

Professor Colette McKay
Principal Scientist
Leader, Translational Hearing Research
Bionics Institute
384-388 Albert St
East Melbourne Vic 3002
Office: +61 3 9667 7500
Direct line: +61 3 9667 7541
Mobile: 0408698202
Fax: +61 3 9667 7518
https://www.bionicsinstitute.org/FAQs/prof-colette-mckay-researcher

Donate today to help us change lives

This email is private and confidential to the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please do not copy it, circulate it or take any action in reliance on it. Kindly notify me that it has been misdirected and then delete it. Thank you.