Re: Generating sine waves with Winsound

The problem is that when I play back the wave files, there appear short
klicks with
the onset of every tone of the file. They are very inconspicuous, however,
experimental conditions they become audible.
I used fade in and out for every tone, so the transition from one tone to
the other
is smooth.

Some sound cards and/or drivers have this problem.

One solution, if feasible, is to play all the stimuli as a single stream.
This can be done by concatenaning all the sound files (inserting silence
between them),
or by using software that can mix sound files in real time.

Christophe Pallier